ISO/TS 16843-1:2016 specifies the categorial structure within the subject field of acupuncture by defining a set of domain constraints of sanctioned characteristics each composed of a semantic link and an applicable characterizing category in order to represent the concept of acupuncture point.
ISO/TS 16843-1:2016 describes sanctioned characteristics with semantic links and characterizing categories for representation of acupuncture points. Concepts of acupuncture points are used in clinical practices for applying stimulation such as insertion, pricking, scratching, scrubbing, massaging or pressing with various kinds of needles, moxibustion, acupressure and cupping in various medical domains.
The potential uses for this conceptual framework are the following:
- provide a conceptual framework for the generation of compositional concept representation of acupuncture point;
- provide a core model to describe the structure of acupuncture point, and facilitate improved semantic correspondence with information models;
- facilitate the mapping and semantic correspondence between different terminological resources by proposing with a core specification of acupuncture point;
- support developers of new terminological systems concerning acupuncture point;
- support developers of new detailed content areas of existing terminological resources concerning acupuncture point to ensure conformance;
- facilitate the representation of acupuncture point in a manner suitable for computer processing;
- provide the monitoring system for adverse events and adverse reactions;
- provide the characterization of clinical research related to acupuncture point.
The target groups for this document are the following:
- developers of terminology systems acupuncture point;
- developers of information systems that require a structured framework of concepts to facilitate implementation and communication;
- informaticians, analysts and epidemiologists who require common models of knowledge to facilitate analysis of current and legacy data from one or more information systems;
- clinicians and coders to provide greater consistency in structure and organization when entering and retrieving data using one or more terminological resources;
- managers and administrative personnel in providing a benchmark by which to judge terminology and information system solutions: as to whether the potential options will deliver compatibility with legacy data and future proofing to emerging terminology products.
Topics considered outside the scope of this document include an exhaustive list of all possible characterizing concepts that could be used to describe acupuncture points.
État actuel: PubliéeDate de publication: 2016-11
Comité technique: ISO/TC 215 Informatique de santé
Acheter cette norme
|std 1 138||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 138||Papier|
Vous avez une question?
Consulter notre FAQ
De lundi à vendredi - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Suivez l'actualité de l'ISO
Inscrivez-vous à notre Newsletter (en anglais) pour suivre nos actualités, points de vue et informations sur nos produits.