ISO 16120:2011 is applicable to wire rod of non-alloy steel intended for wire drawing and/or cold rolling. The cross-section can be circular, oval, square, rectangular, hexagonal, octagonal, half-round or another shape, generally with at least 5 mm nominal dimension, and with a smooth surface.
ISO 16120-1:2011 covers general requirements and is not applicable to products for which standards exist or are in development, for example:
- steel wire rod intended for heat treatment;
- free-cutting steel wire rod;
- steel wire rod for cold heading and cold extrusion;
- steel wire rod intended for the production of electrodes and products for welding;
- steel wire rod for welded fabric for reinforcement for concrete;
- steel wire rod for ball and roller bearings (see ISO 683-17);
- steel wire rod for wire for high fatigue strength mechanical springs, such as valve springs.
In addition to the requirements of ISO 16120-1:2011, the general technical delivery requirements specified in ISO 404 apply.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2011-07
Edition: 2Number of pages: 21
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 17/SC 17 Steel wire rod and wire products
- ICS :
- 77.140.60 Steel bars and rods
ISO 16120-1:2011Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.