ISO 9999:2016 establishes a classification and terminology of assistive products, especially produced or generally available, for persons with disability.
Assistive products used by a person with disability, but which require the assistance of another person for their operation, are included in the classification.
The following items are specifically excluded from this International Standard:
- items used for the installation of assistive products;
- solutions obtained by combinations of assistive products that are individually classified in this International Standard;
- assistive products and instruments used exclusively by healthcare professionals;
- non-technical solutions, such as personal assistance, guide dogs or lip-reading;
- implanted devices;
- financial support.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2016-10
Edition: 6Number of pages: 194
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 173/SC 2 Classification and terminology
- ICS :
- 11.180.01 Aids for disabled and handicapped persons in general
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
ISO 9999:2016Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.