ISO 5952:2011 applies to continuously hot-rolled steel sheet of structural quality with improved atmospheric corrosion resistance, also known as weather-resistant structural steel. The product is intended for applications where requirements are for mechanical properties and increased resistance to atmospheric corrosion. It is generally used in the delivered condition and is intended for bolted, riveted or welded structures.
This product is commonly produced in the range of thicknesses 1,6 mm up to and including 12,5 mm and widths of 600 mm and over, in coils and cut lengths.
Hot-rolled sheet less than 600 mm wide can be slit from wide sheet and will be considered as sheet.
ISO 5952:2011 does not cover the following steel qualities:
- steels intended for boilers or pressure vessels, or steels designated as commercial quality or drawing qualities (see ISO 3573);
- steels produced on reversing mills and designated with improved atmospheric corrosion resistance (see ISO 4952);
- steels designated with structural quality (see ISO 4995), or high yield strength structural quality (see ISO 4996);
- steels designated with higher yield strength with improved formability (see ISO 5951).
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2011-02
Edition: 4Number of pages: 11
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 17/SC 12 Continuous mill flat rolled products
- ICS :
- 77.140.50 Flat steel products and semi-products
ISO 5952:2011Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.