ISO 11235:2016 specifies the methods to be used for the evaluation of sulfenamide accelerators:
- MBTS: benzothiazyl disulphide;
- CBS: N-cyclohexylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- TBBS: N-tert-butylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- DIBS: N,N'-diisopropylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- DCBS: N,N'-dicyclohexylbenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide;
- MBS: N-oxydiethylenebenzothiazole-2-sulfenamide.
NOTE Although MBTS is not a sulfenamide, it is the primary decomposition product of these accelerators and quantitatively determined by the method specified in 5.2.
The analytical methods are applicable for most commercial sulfenamide accelerators:
- sulfenamides of primary amines (type I);
- sulfenamides of unhindered secondary amines (type II);
- sulfenamides of hindered secondary amines (type III).
The method (5.2) to determine purity by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is the preferred method.
Status: Under developmentPublication date: 2023-06
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 45/SC 3 Raw materials (including latex) for use in the rubber industry
- ICS :
- 83.040.20 Rubber compounding ingredients
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
ISO 11235Stage: 60.00 (Under publication)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.