ISO/IEC 19790:2006 specifies the security requirements for a cryptographic module utilized within a security system protecting sensitive information in computer and telecommunication systems.
ISO/IEC 19790:2006 specifies the following.
- Four levels of increasing security for cryptographic modules. Each level offers an increase in security over the preceding level.
- The following functional security objectives:
- module specification;
- ports and interfaces;
- roles, services and authentication;
- finite state model;
- physical security;
- operational environment;
- cryptographic key management;
- design assurance;
- mitigation of other attacks.
ISO/IEC 19790:2006 will be complemented by a future International Standard defining the associated evaluation and test methods.
ISO/IEC 19790:2006 is derived from NIST Federal Information Processing Standard PUB 140-2 May 25, 2001.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2006-03
Edition: 1Number of pages: 51
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection