ISO/PAS 30000:2008 specifies requirements for a management system to enable a ship recycling facility to develop and implement procedures, policies and objectives in order to be able to undertake safe and environmentally sound ship recycling operations in accordance with national and international standards. The management system requirements take into account the relevant legal requirements, safety standards and environmental elements that the ship recycling facility needs to identify and comply with in order to carry out safe and environmentally sound ship recycling.
ISO/PAS 30000:2008 applies to the entire process: accepting a ship for recycling by the facility; assessing the hazards onboard the ship; identifying and complying with any applicable notification and import requirements for ships to be recycled; carrying out the recycling process in a safe and environmentally sound manner; conducting required training; ensuring the availability of social amenities (e.g. first aid, health checks, food and beverages); storage and processing of materials and wastes from the ship; waste stream and recycling stream management, including contractual agreements; and documentation controls for the process, including any applicable notification of the final disposal of the vessel.
ISO/PAS 30000:2008 is applicable to any ship recycling facility that wishes to:
- establish, implement, maintain and improve a safe and environmentally sound management system for the recycling of ships;
- assure itself of conformity with its stated safe and environmentally sound management policy;
- demonstrate conformity with ISO/PAS 30000:2008 by
- making a self-determination and self-declaration, or
- seeking confirmation of its conformance by parties having an interest in the facility such as customers, or
- seeking confirmation of its self-declaration by a party external to the organization, or
- seeking certification/registration of its management system by an external organization.
ISO/PAS 30000:2008Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.