This document defines the Communications Link Transmission Unit (CLTU) service in conformance with the transfer services specified in reference , Cross Support Reference Model—Part 1: SLE Services. The Forward CLTU service is a Space Link Extension (SLE) transfer service that enables a mission to send Communications Link Transmission Units (CLTUs) to a spacecraft.
This document defines, in an abstract manner, the Forward CLTU service in terms of:
- the operations necessary to provide the transfer service;
- the parameter data associated with each operation;
- the behaviors that result from the invocation of each operation; and
- the relationship between, and the valid sequence of, the operations and resulting behaviors.
It does not specify:
- individual implementations or products;
- the implementation of entities or interfaces within real systems;
- the methods or technologies required to radiate data to a spacecraft and to acquire telemetry frames from the signals received from that spacecraft for extraction of the Operational Control Field;
- the methods or technologies required for communications; or
- the management activities necessary to schedule, configure, and control the Forward CLTU service.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2021-06
Edition: 4Number of pages: 143
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 13 Space data and information transfer systems
- ICS :
- 49.140 Space systems and operations
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
ISO 22671:2021Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.